About this blog

The intent of this blog is to form an interactive community where parents of dead babies can come together and swap information, stories, tears, memories and encouragement. This is designed to be a neutral place. We are not religious nor are we anti-religious. Come as you are. You can sign the guest book, add your baby(ies) to the baby name memory list, review books on infant death, add warnings about movies and books that contain a dead baby, add your blog to our directory or a number of other things. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to see something added to this blog. Rule One: be kind to each other. We're all in this together. We all suffer and miss our babies madly.

What's New?

If you are new to blogging and would like to be featured please let us know! Looking for parents who are new to this community and are looking for some peer support.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Question of the Week

Every Friday I will post a new question of the week. Leave your answers in the comment section below, or answer on your blog, but be sure to give us a link!


What has surprised you the most about your journey of grief?

5 comments:

Heather said...

I think for me the most surprising aspect is how in hits me out of no where. I could be having a fine day and them wham! It hits me like a baseball bat to my face and I'm a heaping pile of sobs again.

Emmy said...

My biggest surprise was the amazing support system that's available to me. I honestly do NOT know where I'd be without you all (but rubber walls and white coats come to mind). And how quickly that support system mobilized. I went from all alone, DBM one week, to you, Heather, the next. And it's just snowballed from there. You're a priceless gift, and I thank God for all of you daily.

Claudia said...

What surprised me the most was how lonely a bereaved mother sometimes feels. Totally isolated and without any chance to join normal life of others. Well, kind of a self-chosen isolation sometimes, but this feeling of emptiness...I never thought I could feel like that.

On the other hand the positive thing that surprises me is the total understanding between bereaved mothers. A communication without words. I need that to relax, calm down, and try to get back to normal-again.

Barbara said...

I was surprised by the hostility I found on returning to work. As if I'd had a communicable disease. As if I shouldn't be sad any more, as if I should be the same as I had been before.

I was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome to this, the worst club in the world. Being wrapped up in understanding has helped the most.

xxx

Sophie said...

I was surprised at how badly other people would take my loss. For all the wonderful people that support me, there are many that have failed outright. Family in particular. I expected more from them.