About this blog

The intent of this blog is to form an interactive community where parents of dead babies can come together and swap information, stories, tears, memories and encouragement. This is designed to be a neutral place. We are not religious nor are we anti-religious. Come as you are. You can sign the guest book, add your baby(ies) to the baby name memory list, review books on infant death, add warnings about movies and books that contain a dead baby, add your blog to our directory or a number of other things. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to see something added to this blog. Rule One: be kind to each other. We're all in this together. We all suffer and miss our babies madly.

What's New?

If you are new to blogging and would like to be featured please let us know! Looking for parents who are new to this community and are looking for some peer support.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FAQ's about this Blog

This is a FAQ's page about this blog. Please feel free to submit your questions regarding this blog in the comment section below.

  1. What's with the name? Well, I'm not much for sugar coating. And I think as a mother to a dead baby that sugar coating doesn't change the facts. My baby died. I am a member of the Dead Baby Club. A club nobody wants to belong to , and yet so many of us do. Why pretend it's all fluffy and sweet when it so clearly is not?
  2. Who are you? Just a fellow Dead Baby Momma who believes that blogging is an effective outlet for grief. I have no degree in pyschology or anything. I'm a SAHM to a little girl who came a year before the stillbirth of my son.
  3. How many people contribute to this blog? As of right now there are four fellow Dead Baby Momma's. Heather (myself), Elaine, Amanda and Jess. Each of us is at a different stage in our loss, and I believe that each of us offers a unique perspective.
  4. Can I add something? Sure!! In fact I encourage it. I'm all ears for things that you would find useful or a nice addition. You can contact me via email or through a comment with any suggestions you'd like to make.
  5. Can I coauthor the blog? I am always looking to add a new perspective to this blog. If you are interested in becoming a part of the DBC Blog team, please contact me and we can go from there.
  6. Are you are professional? Nope. Not at all. Therefore all posts on this blog should not be taken as a professional opinion. There just entries from fellow loss parents who are trying to find their way and lend a hand to others in their journey. Please be aware that we can not offer professional advice, and should you feel in need of such advice please refer to a licensed practitioner.
  7. Where else are you on the web? We have a Facebook Group, and a Twitter account @TheDeadBabyClub
  8. Do you have religious or political affiliations? No. The DBC is a religous/political neutral blog. We know that there are many club members from all walks of life and faiths and do not judge nor push any one political/religious view here on the blog.
  9. Can I contact the DBC directly? Sure. You can email me by clicking here, and I will try to respond in a timely fashion.
  10. How long has this blog been up and running? Since 2009.