About this blog

The intent of this blog is to form an interactive community where parents of dead babies can come together and swap information, stories, tears, memories and encouragement. This is designed to be a neutral place. We are not religious nor are we anti-religious. Come as you are. You can sign the guest book, add your baby(ies) to the baby name memory list, review books on infant death, add warnings about movies and books that contain a dead baby, add your blog to our directory or a number of other things. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to see something added to this blog. Rule One: be kind to each other. We're all in this together. We all suffer and miss our babies madly.

What's New?

If you are new to blogging and would like to be featured please let us know! Looking for parents who are new to this community and are looking for some peer support.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thanksgiving

The Canadian Thanksgiving has come and gone but I know the American one is approaching. This year what will you be Thankful for? In the midst of loss and grief what shining moments have you had that have made you thankful? Are you blogging about it this month? Are you doing anything special for you angel during this holiday?

4 comments:

Holly said...

I'm thankful for a lot of things because I know how blessed my life really is despite having losing my daughter. I have a home, a job, a great family. I don't have any plans on doing anything special for Thanksgiving for her. Maybe we'll visit the cemetery.

Amanda said...

Levi was due to be born on Thanksgiving day (25th) and my 30th birthday is the 27th. I am really anxious and upset about the holiday. It is, on the other hand, my absolute favorite holiday. We will visit the cemetery, and probably do a lot of just being together. I am not looking forward to it this year...but I'm trying.

Heather said...

I am thankful for my living child, whom without I'm not sure I'd be functioning at even this sad level.
I'm also thankful that this seems to be the one holiday without a memory attached to my girls. The name "Thanksgiving" also reminds me that although I am suffering through greif, I am blessed in other ways.
Hoping all the BLM's get through OK, and enjoy the day.

Mary said...

This year I am thankful for the Rainbow that is coming into my life. It will still be hard but sharing it with family will ease everything a bit.